tilbage

Land Rover Forum  

Index
18265: Import help needed (27-09-2004 23:49:24)
Jonathan Webber (medlemsstatus ukendt) (ip-adr: 82.36.130.18)
Hello, Sorry this is in English as my Danish is not very good at the moment. My family and I are moving to Denmark, (Arhus) next year and need some advice on importing a left hand drive defender from England. I currently have a discovery but the registration tax will cost too much. I have been looking at the Told Skat web site for the registration tax in Denmark, 1986 - 1998 varebil either a 110 or a 90.
Can anybody help with what the government registration specification is weight, seating, tdi / non-tdi, 90 or 110.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Jonathan
Index
18266: sv: Import help needed (28-09-2004 00:18:21) (svar på 18265)
Paul Sehstedt #0027, reg. fyn (medlem) (ip-adr: 80.161.32.61)
Well, you must note, a 'varebil' is a van with only three seats. The load space is not to be used for accrying persons.
The weight is the same as in the factorys specifications. The car, yo'll bring to DK must have been registrated for you as owner at least six month. Otherwise you'll get taxed higher for the vehicle.
If you don't want to waste your time with the paperwork, you can ask import specilist to help you. There is at least one, who's doing the job propperly and almost daily. He will prepare the LR for the Danish MoT, the customs and registration.
The anual tax will be approx. 5.000 DKK for a defender before 01 JUNE 1997 and the double for the same vehicle in a later registration.
If you want to bring a STW 10 or 12 seater to DK, please note, you need a special driver licens - for coaches or HGV.
The tax p.a. will be 2.100 DKK.
If you join our club, yo'll get insurance for a very good rate, approx 7.000 - 8.000 DKK/anno

Kind regards
Paul Sehstedt
Index
18267: sv: sv: Import help needed (28-09-2004 00:36:09) (svar på 18266)
Jonatha Webber (medlemsstatus ukendt) (ip-adr: 82.36.130.18)
Hi Paul,
Many thanks for the information, very much appreciated. I am interested in joining the club when we get to Denmark thanks you.
I understand about the seating, front seats only. Somebody said there something about the space behind the driver needs to be 120cm ?
For a vehicle registered before 01 JUNE 1997 is there much difference between in registration tax between tdi and non-tdi ?
Is there some you can recommend for the paperwork, MOT and customs.
Many thanks,
Jonathan Webber
Index
18269: sv: sv: sv: Import help needed (28-09-2004 12:19:14) (svar på 18267)
Paul Sehstedt #0027, reg. fyn (medlem) (ip-adr: 80.161.32.61)
If you choose the right Land-Rover, the Defender 110, you'll not have any problems.
There are no non-tdi for the year 1990-1997 and the customs is following their own pricelist.
www.olemeldgaard.dk is a well know importer of used LR from UK and has a good reputation. I've been dealing with this company for nearly 30 years and never had problems and recieved a superb service.
Ask for Ole himself and you may use my name as reference. If it could be for any help for you, I can call him.
Index
18270: sv: Import help needed (28-09-2004 13:04:34) (svar på 18269)
Hi Paul,
What I am looking for is something like the vehicle below which I think will be too old for Ole Meldgaard to deal with, but thank you for the offer.
I have business contacts with the military here in the UK and could get a little used vehicle for a good price. At the moment my wife and I just want a cheap 90 for general use and get a newer one later when we have the house restored etc.
I will probably do the paperwork my self as my brother-in-law has done this with vehicles before from Germany.
How would I go about finding out more specification on this vehicle ?
How do the customs view engin changes as many older military vehicles have had engin changes when with the military ?
Regards,
Jonathan

TOLDSKAT
Art Varebil
Mærke LAND ROVER
Model 90
Typebetegnelse
Registreret 1. gang 24/01-1986
Karosseri type / antal døre 0 døre
Motor 4 Cylindre 2500 cc 111 HK 4 ventiler
Gear / drivkraft / km 005 / /
Ekstraudstyr Vurderingsprisen afhænger af udstyrsniveau og
køretøjets stand

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Endeligt vurderet pr 09/02-2004
Afgiftspligtig værdi 35000
Registreringsafgift 9450
Handelspris inkl. afgift 44450
Index
18281: sv: sv: Import help needed (29-09-2004 17:50:05) (svar på 18270)
David Bjerregaard #2217, reg. nsj (medlem) (ip-adr: 80.212.82.96)
I wouldn't be too sure that the vehicle mentioned was too old for someone like Ole Meldgaard to be interested. the workshops that have relations to the club are generally quite happy to concern themselves, and to be of great help, regardless of whether your vehicle is an older sofa spring, (Series4 or 5, unofficial typename) or even a veteran series 3, 2, or especially a S1! Most of these workshops have a history & expereience that goes way back, such as Bertelsen & Ole Meldgaard. I would suggest considering the purchase of your Landy in Denmark, as you will soon find that driving with the steering wheel on the wrong side is enormously irritating. Do join our club!
Lots of people are ready to help, by "looking with their fingertips" when you find a landy you want checking before you buy. Point 2, You will make several hundrede friends, that can help you with matters Landy, and also the most surprising things, that are not Landy! Appart from that our meets are great fun (for kids of all ages) so you'll
make a lot of friends very fast, and I don't mean the sort that just want to come & eat all the food & drink all the beer! I mean the sort you can count on.
If you have further questions, then contact us here at Forum, or direct. Best regards :- David Bjerregaard.
Index
18327: sv: Import help needed (02-10-2004 23:43:20) (svar på 18281)
Hi David,
I will give either Bertelsen & Ole Meldgaard a call and see what thay say,thanks for the info.
The vehicles I have been looking at over here are left hand drive, ex-military from Germany and a good price.
I will join the club when I get over to Denmark, you can never have too many friends if we ever need any help with things. Thank you.